Highlighting the negative impact that human activities are having on wildlife, and the irrationality of our relationship towards it.
Images submitted to the ‘Wildlife in Crisis’ category should document the difficulties that wildlife are facing due to man-made impacts, including the climate crisis and ecosystem destruction. Images may explicitly show wildlife displaying the crisis that they face, such as the subjects of illegal poaching, or surrounded by destroyed habitat. But it may also be less emotive imagery of species facing difficulties, but with accompanying text that explains the situation facing that species.
It is important that all images submitted to the Award are accompanied by text explaining what is shown, in as much detail as is available. Edited text will be shown alongside imagery in the Award exhibition and book.
The Award offers a €10,000 prize fund, and exhibition spaces at the the PA2F Environmental Photography Award exhibition in Monaco including a VIP invitation for the overall winner (including travel and accommodation). Shortlisted photographers will be published in the PA2F Environmental Photography Award book.
Grand Prize Winner
– The title “PA2F Environmental Photographer of the Year 2021”
– 6,000 €
– VIP invite to Monaco, including travel and accommodation, for the opening of the PA2F Environmental Photography Award exhibition, and including the 15th anniversary celebrations of the Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation
– 1,000 € for each of the 3 category winners
Public Vote Winners
– 500 € for the public vote winner in each category
– Featured in the PA2F Environmental Photography Award exhibition in Monaco
– Published in the PA2F Environmental Photography Award book
Every photo submitted will be available for the crowd to rate once the submissions period has ended. In this contest, the entries are hidden until the rating period begins.
Some contests on Photocrowd also have a judge. After the submission period closes the judge chooses their favourite images and writes some image reviews. The crowd and judge results will be announced on the same day.
For a more detailed explanation of how rating works, see our FAQs
To keep photographers anonymous entries are hidden until expert judging has been completed.